Manager, Process Controls and Instrument Design Engineering
Job Description and Qualifications
An industry leading Instrumentation Design team is looking for a seasoned senior level engineer to take lead of their Process Control and Instrument Engineering team.
With processes established across the globe the right candidate for this position must be able to work closely with global offices and provide engineering design and commissioning support for new cryogenic air separation and process gases facilities.
This includes upgrading, modifiying and maintaining existing plant assets. Some example projects will include hydrogen steam methane reformers, carbon monoxide plants, ammonia plants, and various large-scale equipment installations like pipeline compressors, PSA Units and off-gas processing units.
The award-winning team also supports air separation in both greenfield and brownfield installations with budgets exceeding $100 million.
- Broad responsibility and accountability to manage a world-class Americas based Process Controls and Instrument Design Team of 15+ direct reports with additional supplemental employees and staff contractors
- Take accountability for teams work. This includes capital projescts starting from FEED stage to construction, commisioning, and startup. Will also lead pre-phase of organized bid activies.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, candidate final selections along with on-boarding and training of new employees. Team size expected growth of 20% within the next year.
- Accountable for budget, schedule and quality using real-time project controls metrics
- Frequently collaborate with corresponding managers of process control across the globe
- Workcollaborativly with multi-functional engineering disciplines across sales, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing on a wide variety of projects with varying technical complexity and scope
- 30% anticipated travel when needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Related Field
- 15+ years of correlated work experience
- Experience managing Process Control Engineers in a regulated environment
- Previous use of Smart-Plant Instrumentation software suite
- Experience developing control applications and hardware specifications with global process automation vendors (Siemens PCS7 preferred)
- Must be familiar with the function and interaction of EPC engineering organizational structures