Manufacturing Director - for a leading Consumer Goods Company
- Manufacturing Director
- Greater Philadelphia, PA
A leading consumer goods company is seeking a Manufacturing Director - who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Management, Supervisor, or Lead consumer good manufacturing experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Manufacturing Director - Lead the Operations team, support and implement the strategy, and ensure that all operational and financial targets are achieved within budget. Encourage Operational Excellence as well as EHS+S activities. Collaborate and coordinate all functions within network to guarantee full success of its production unit. This includes the management of day-to-day activities through assistant supervisory personnel of the operational unit, ensuring that the company is managed and performing efficiently and effectively according to business targets and customer expectations.
The Manufacturing Director - should have the following skill set:
- Degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or other related business field
- Preferred: MBA or comparable degree
- 5 -10 years manufacturing leadership experience, including oversight of production supervisors within a multi-shift organization
- Continuous improvement / Operational Excellence
- Experience in leading through influence in highly matrixed and fast-paced environment.
- Cost control and variance analysis
- Production and service for multinational clients
- Experience in formulating, improving, and implementing new strategies and initiatives while consulting and engaging multiple stakeholders.
The Manufacturing Director - will:
- Drive optimum and sustainable solutions and strategies through the effective management of people, systems, processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement by harnessing new technologies in the areas of systems, equipment, and processes.
- Lead the operations team with all local department managers (Production, industrialization, Facilities, Warehouse, Logistics, and Human Resources, Health & Safety).
- Contribute and participate in the implementation of regional business plans, including 5-year plan and Operational Excellence.
- Define and achieve Operational budget (including Capex and productivity) based on sales budget, involving all contributing departments in the decision-making process.
- Work together with Sales, R&D and Quality management to ensure continuous product and process innovation.
- Safeguard sustainability and safety of work environment and compliance with local environmental and labor laws / guidelines.
- Supervise, coach, guide and develop team members. Leading to overall professional development and overall talent pipeline succession planning.