A Global Leader in the Automotive Manufacturing industry is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for coordination of activities associated with lean manufacturing to achieve the most effective and efficient way to manufacture products at high quality and reliable levels in a consistent basis.
This position directly reports to:
Continuous Improvement/Launch Manager
Salary: $75,000 - $80,000
Location: Ft Payne, AL
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for:
- Oversee operations in Rack Maintenance Department (FPP)
- Manage launch activities such as run at rate, process development and all pre-production.
- Develop cell and plant layouts and implement.
- Optimize manufacturing operations thru analytical studies of the current operating parameters, such as, production methods and processes on a continuous basis.
- Analyze, thru CAD and other systems, utilization, layout, workflow, and shop floor inventory control and initiate appropriate activities to improve.
- Participate in a cross-functional internal continuous improvement activities and document aspects of R&D for claiming purposes.
- Commission, sign off and implement equipment for secondary operations.
- Oversee the design, purchase, installation, and operation of all plant equipment as required
- Oversee the design, development, validation, and purchase of all racks from prototype to production stages
The Manufacturing Engineer must have these requirements:
- Must have the ability to operate a CAD system (preferably CADKEY or Keycreator)
- Must have 4-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering environment or automation
- US Citizen
If you are interested in the Manufacturing Engineer role, please apply today!