- Location: Kings Mountain, NC
- Level: Supervisor
- Working Situation: Onsite
Our Home Building client is looking for a new Materials Supervisor - new because it's a brand new role where you can come in and help make an impact in the company! The Material Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the plant maintains detailed and accurate material records, turns the inventory at plan levels, and keeps customer service levels at or above plan goals.
Overall, the ideal candidate will have manufacturing or construction background, have team player mindset, and HIGHLY attentive to detail. They also will have great interpersonal skills so they can work cross functionally across departments and meet with vendors for best quality product. The Materials Supervisor will report into the Materials Manager.
The Materials Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Continually seeks ways to reduce inventory levels while improving customer service levels and maintaining or reducing costs. Identify and develop plans to minimize slow moving inventory.
- Develop ideas and strategies to continuously improve operational efficiency, aid business performance, and execute the Materials strategy developed by leadership.
- Ensure key objectives are achieved including PPV, Inventory Turns, Rail Car Percentage, Inventory Balance, Materials Spend as a Percentage of Revenue, etc.
- Lead and mentor assigned Materials personnel. Conduct regular coaching sessions to engage, coach, and provide feedback and professional development.
The Materials Supervisor will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain
- 2+ Leadership experience
- Open to work Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Competitive compensation and PTO
- Employee Stock Options
- Competitive dental and health