A leading manufacturing company is seeking an experienced Lean practitioner for a newly created role focused on optimizing supply chain and procurement processes.
- Lean expert and Kaizen leader
- Responsible for annual spend between $50M - $150M
- Assist in the creation of a Procurement Center of Excellence
- Develop longterm strategic sourcing strategies
- Application of supply chain principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Subject matter experience in multiple domains across supply chain - such as Supply/Demand Planning, Sourcing, Logistics, Operational Excellence
- Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities for responsible categories
- Creates an environment that celebrates and rewards performance excellence in clear tangible ways
- Work with plant floor employees and company executives
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- 5 years of experience in purchasing management or supply chain operations.
- 3 years of experience operating in an organization with manufacturing operations.
- Led a minimum of 10 Kaizens
- Experience in being the lead change agent in complex transformational activities.
- Significant experience in implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to procurement operations.
- Formal Lean training from an "academy" organization - either through direct consulting experience or via organizations with deep, well-established lean operating systems.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating, and meeting KPI goals, including reducing supply chain costs, improving through-put, shortening cycle time, and improving inventory turns.
- Lean certification or Six Sigma Black Belt is prerffered
- Must be fully authorized to work in the US without sponsorship