One Europe's largest logistics providers for the automotive industry is looking for an operations manager to manage various sites across Germany. This role will require the chosen individual to work at various sites therefore can work from any location within Germany.
My client is looking for an ambitious, driven and hands on individual to work on the shop floor and mange the operations of several key sites across Germany.
This company's strategic intent is to become the Gateway to Africa - transforming from an asset-heavy, 3PL logistics player to an innovative, asset-right business.
- Planning, implementation and optimisation of logistics projects in the Automotive industry
- Conception and implementation of the project-related material and information flows
- Selection and procurement of personnel, equipment, IT, utilities
- Management of the commercial and industrial staff up to handover to the local management
- Close coordination of requirements between location and customer
- Development of a performance reporting and "best practice" processes
- Completed studies related to logistics or comparable training
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Management practice in the field of logistics services
- Profound knowledge in the conception, planning and calculation of logistics projects
- Organisational skills, communication skills and adaptability
- Very good MS Office knowledge
- Good written and spoken German and English
- Company car