Operations Manager required for Global Chemical and Ingredients Firm
- Manufacturing Operations Team
- Cincinnati, OH Area
Operations Manager Summary:
A leading international chemicals firm is seeking an Operations Manager to join the leadership team in one of their facilities.
The Operations Manager will play a pivotal part in leading efficient daily operations of the branch. This individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, leading a team of Supervisors, overseeing the branch's annual budget, and managing the operating plan.
Operations Manager Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in operations
- Knowledge of chemical distribution or other highly regulated products (food and beverage, cosmetics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals etc.) preferred
- Working knowledge or ability to learn governmental regulations related to the chemical industry
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, RCRA, DOT, etc. is a plus!
The Operations Manager should have the following skill set:
- Outstanding leadership and supervisory experience with the ability to support, motivate and lead employees to achieve key operational targets
- Organization skills with the ability to multitask in and handle a diverse and significant workload
- Experience with creating and ensuring key performance metrics and consistently promoting process improvement
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability and willingness to operate warehouse equipment and respond to emergency response situations