Operations Manager needed for a leading chemical company
- New Brunswick, NJ area.
- Operations Team.
A leading chemical company is in search for an Operations Manager to take over operations for one of their key facilities. The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing a team of 40+ employees. Create and manage specialty projects with the continuous improvement and operational excellence teams to impact productivity and cut down on waste. Act as a safety lead and help maintain OSHA safety regulations. If you are an ambitious and well-seasoned operations professional, this is the role for you.
Operations Manager will have the following responsibility:
- Manage the daily operations for 40+ employees within the manufacturing, production, engineering, and safety teams.
- Act as a safety lead and maintain OSHA safety regulations.
- Create and manage specialty projects with the CI and OPEX teams to impact productivity and the PnL.
- Implement and maintain Lean Six Sigma principles through the plant.
- Work cross functionally with the engineering, manufacturing, and production teams to maintain a steady flow of operations.
- Work closely with the quality team to ensure all products meet company and FDA standards of quality.
Operations Manager will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field.
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and 5S principles.
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- 7+ years of manufacturing experience and plant manufacturing experience.
- Experience working with the FDA and GMP.
- 5+ years of managerial or supervisory experience.