DSJ is partnered with a leading Chemical Manufacturing company looking for a Plant Operations Manager to join their team in Mojave, California.
- Continuously evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to the plant processes and operating procedures to improve the safety, compliance, reliability, and efficiency in the plant.
- A safety focused leader who can build a safety first culture
- Monitor plant equipment to ensure it is maintained to operate safely and efficiently. Coordinate with the maintenance department so that all repairs are made on a timely basis.
- Guide employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Managing all plant operations to insure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
- P&L understanding to identify driving cost improvement solutions
- Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices, including housekeeping standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related technical field with 3- 5 years' chemical plant management experience
- Significant Lean and 6 Sigma experience
- Experience with business management systems, preferably SAP
- Strong mechanical aptitude, maintenance experience preferred
- Experience with capital/project management
- Experience with operations accounting and budgeting
- Experience dealing with Hazardous Materials