This position is responsible for developing global routing of parcel e-commerce networks. This role will analyze new and current carrier services that best optimizes speed and cost from multiple shipping origins. This position would have direct communication with 3rd party carriers on zip code routings and cost implications based on contracted rates & surcharges. This position will require intimate knowledge of parcel technology systems, main TMS, to configure, test, and roll-out new routing strategies and carrier compliance. This will be a critical role to understand future technology requirements to support omni-channel shipping solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Parcel Transportation supporting e-commerce deliveries
- Knowledge of star-networks that support multiple types of operations (Parcel Carriers, Postal Consolidators, USPS Network, Delivery Agents, Couriers, Truckload, LTL, and Regional Carriers).
- Background and knowledge of omni-channel delivery networks
- Support detailed project plans and holding project teams to time-lines and risks
- Identify cost saving opportunities via enhancement and refinement of current network options while considering new perspective carriers with partnership of Senior Manager
- Constructing detailed zip code routing tables to deliver parcels quickly and cost-effectively
- Detailed knowledge of TMS and WMS systems with ability to influence coding changes and test updates prior to installation
- Leading and developing the network architecture design team with report creation and in-depth network analysis
- 3-5 experience in Supply Chain-Logistics space
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Forecasting experience is a plus
- Project management background is a plus
- Working knowledge and experience with technology and systems application used to support transportation and logistics operations and information requirements (Excel, SQL, Order Management and Transportation Management Systems).
- Experience of working with or leading omni-channel shipping networks
- College Graduate with a degree in business Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, Transportation, Statistics/ Mathematics, or any other relevant field