Plant Manager - for a leading Food Production Company
- Plant Manager
- Kansas City, KS
A leading Food Production company is seeking a Plant Manager who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Management food manufacturing experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Plant Manager- will be responsible for the overall leadership of all manufacturing, warehousing, and shipping operations for Company operations. The role will drive operational performance and execution excellence execute the capital project/project optimization and install and demonstrate the best practices throughout the operations.
The Plant Manager- should have the following skill set:
- A Bachelor's degree is required, a degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+, preferably 10+ years of progressive experience in academy manufacturing companies, with a strong preference for Consumer Products, Packaged Goods and/or Food & Beverage industry experience.
- Demonstrated success in leading a performance culture with a strong process methodology in Lean, TPM, TPS (or another problem-solving methodology) with zero tolerance for deviation from excellence in Safety, Service, Quality and Cost.
- Cross-functional experience in one other area of the supply chain such as planning, customer service & logistics or perhaps procurement would be a plus.
- Previous plant experience will include having worked closely with logistics/warehousing, maintenance, engineering, CI/Lean, plant human resources, plant finance/accounting, engineering, etc.
- Strength in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) pillar-based methodology and collaboration with maintenance teams at the plant level.
The Plant Manager - will:
- Develop site 3-5-year operating plans and organization roadmap (including productivity, capital, capability, people) and support company strategic planning process.
- Continuously drive rigorous improvements in Safety, Food Safety/Quality, Reliability, Cost and Sustainability adapting with today's rapidly changing regulatory environment (development and implementation of a robust process safety management program, creation of a zero lost time accident culture, HACCP and other quality processes, compliance with State & Federal environmental regulations and OSHA and regulatory mandates, etc.).
- Establish clear plant goals and objectives, in alignment with corporate strategies and business initiatives; develop reporting mechanisms to track and communicate progress of goals and objectives.
- Establish a culture of accountability and teamwork for the plant by developing and communicating individual and team metrics; KPI's/objectives in the areas such as: safety, quality, production attainment, associate relations and development and labor and material variances.
- Create a "Continuous Improvement" oriented culture, leveraging the Production System, that utilizes continuous improvement methods such as 5S, TPM, Lean, and/or Six Sigma to demonstrate consistent improvement in safety, service, quality, and cost results over the long term.
- Create an Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) method as a standard for measuring manufacturing productivity.
- Partner with corporate commercial teams and supply chain leadership to identify and implement initiatives that provide customers continuous improvement opportunities in customer service.
- Monitor and implement annual capital plans that maintain the plant infrastructure, provide for new products and services, and provide productivity savings necessary to meet financial targets.