Principal Electrical Engineer
Competitive Base - Bonus - Relo - LTI
(Ability to work remote initially)
We are looking for an experience Principal Electrical Engineer looking to join an award winning engineering staff.
This is a world leader in sustainable waste and energy solutions converting over 20 million tons of waste into clean renewable electricity to power over 1 million homes!
The Principal Electrical Engineer will report directly into the Manager of EE and will perform design, review, and approve engineering deliverables on various assignments at operating facilities. This includes providing support for facility upgrades, capital projects, equipment failures, and business development needs. The Principal Electrical Engineer will also be responsible for leading, electrical projects/programs, working with corporate to drive continuous improvement goals, and be the key technical expert for small to medium capital programs.
This is an urgent hire with a well-respected industry leader - It will fill fast! Please apply now if you are interested in learning more about this position.
- Develop/Review/Approve Electrical System Design documents including: One and Three Line Diagrams, DC Control Schematics, wiring diagrams, arc flash, short circuit and voltage drop calculations, coordination studies.
- Evaluates, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Apply knowledge of electrical theory, operations and maintenance practices to solve plant electrical/power system problems
- Assess plant equipment condition and failure causes to develop cost effective improvements.
- Place new equipment in service to include providing on-site consulting/overview of equipment installation and preparation for service
- Manage all aspects of assigned engineering projects
- Troubleshooting of the facility infrastructure and production equipment to support plant operations.
- Plan design tasks so both the design and construction will be achieved within budget constraints.
- Coordinate with A/E, equipment suppliers & contractors
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineer.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience in a similar position
- PE license is highly desirable.
- Must have experience with High, Medium & Low Voltage distribution systems and electrical power generation in large utility power plants or large industrial co-generation facilities.
- Proficiency in engineering software such as CAD/AutoCAD, ETAP, SKM Powertools, SEL Acselerator, etc.
- Must have experience with all phases of a project including preliminary conceptual system design, scoping, detailed design, equipment selection, equipment testing and start-up problem resolution.