Procurement Director - R&D
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Our client, a biopharma organization experiencing large growth, is searching for a Procurement Director - R&D to identify and produce research that leads to strategically solving today's business challenges. This will require interacting with many internal business stakeholders and service providers to plan, define and execute the different needs with respect to R&D projects and associated services as well as corporate services projects.
The Procurement Director - R&D will engage with senior leaders and high-profile clients to identify their top challenges and drive the research to uncover the best practices to solve these complex issues.
The Procurement Director - R&D will be responsible for:
- Coordinating providers' performance assessment, vendor oversight and provides support to Supplier Relationship Management
- Developing global category strategies for R&D, Clinical, Third Party/ External Manufacturing/CMO
- Supporting specific sourcing activities, including but not limited to, RFx documentation, compilation of supplier inputs, and high level analysis of results
- Driving global category strategies and needs to navigate a complex internal stakeholder landscape, coordinating intricate issues across multiple business units, human resources, legal, and finance
- Working closely with Global R&D and other Global procurement colleagues to align on best practices, define procurement opportunities and enhance processes and procedures
The Procurement Director - R&D has the following qualifications:
- 7+ years experience in R&D specific procurement
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or Life Sciences related field (MBA preferred)
- 3+ years experience leading a research team
- Strong vendor and client relationship skills