Procurement Manager Job Description
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to enhancing the lives of patients.
Our client is looking for an energetic, cost-conscious Procurement Manager to join our Accounting & Finance team. The candidate will be responsible for developing and administering all procurement-related activities of the Company. We are looking for a savvy professional who is adept at strategizing, coordinating and planning, and who can institute policies to save money for the Company, as well as someone who can focus on improving our relations with existing vendors and source new suppliers who can meet our needs more effectively and efficiently. A successful candidate must have the ability to see the big picture, but is willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves.
- Plan, organize, implement and manage all strategic purchasing activities in support of product development, manufacturing and other areas.
- Perform procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, negotiation and review of contracts.
- Develop and implement policies and guidelines to ensure cost effective and cost optimization procurement processes.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain optimal pricing and contract terms.
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
- Identify opportunities to consolidate vendors to achieve volume discounts.
- Work closely with the Lab Manager and operations in creating purchase orders, ensuring proper approvals of POs prior to procuring goods and services.
- Ensure proper review and approval of contracts.
- Work closely with accounts payable and accounting staff to resolve issues with purchase order and invoice discrepancies, ensuring proper internal controls are in place for invoice payment.
- Evaluate and implement procurement systems with punch out capabilities.
- Assist the accounting team with evaluation and implementation of payment, expense and other types of accounting software.
- Work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis in developing budgets and forecasts.
- Download PO information from Quartzy(our current PO system) and upload it into NetSuite to enable receiving.
- Match invoices to packing slips and
- Assist the Lab Manager with ordering lab supplies and equipment.
- Obtain Forms W-8 or W-9 from vendors.
- Assist with completing and obtaining vendor setup and change request forms.
- Review vendor setup and change request forms completed by others.
- Assist with monitoring inventory of lab supplies to ensure adequate supply availability.
- Act as a backup for the Lab Manager.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting required
- 10+ years of procurement experience and 5+ years in a biotech environment
- Savvy negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Superior organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Public company experience a plus
- Internal controls background a plus
- Biotech/life science/pharmaceutical industry experience a plus