- Location: Buena Vista, VA
- Level: Manager
- Flexibility: Onsite
A global leader in the HVAC industry is looking to hire a Procurement manager to develop sourcing strategies for the heating and IAQ markets and ensure all direct suppliers meet goals/define quality standards. This is a management positions with several buyers directly reporting in.
The Procurement Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Directly manage and a team of buyers located in North America.
- Monitor supply markets and industries including pricing trends, new suppliers and alternative solutions and supply risks.
- Develop processes to identify supply chain risk throughout the value chain and mitigate risk through detailed actions plans.
- Work cooperatively with Supplier Quality Engineering, Product Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to assess the quality capabilities of all suppliers to ensure that all product/material purchases meet defined quality standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Degree in engineering, business administration, supply chain, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing with procurement experience
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally