Procurement Manager - Health & Wellness Industry
- Location: Tampa, FL or Remote
Our client, an international health and wellness organization, is looking to fill a Procurement Manager to support the procurement processes and operational buying teams.
The ideal Procurement Manager - Health & Wellness Industry will be a strong people leader with high communication skills and can successfully lead operational/tactical teams and interface with internal senior executives to demonstrate and explain procurement processes, procedures, and the importance of the procurement function to the organization. This organization is backed by another Fortune 500 company with stability to continue to grow, and the successful candidate will have strong P2P implementation experience along with procurement operations and processes establishment experience. Health & Wellness, Healthcare, Medical Device, or Pharma industry background is required for this position.
The Procurement Manager - Health & Wellness Industry will:
- Lead a team of 4 individuals within the operational buying division (more tactical buying team) and provide a high level of coaching, mentorship, and leadership
- Develop procurement operations and processes while also preparing presentations to share with internal and external stakeholders, as well as making business cases on the "why's" of the procurement processes
- Partner as a trusted advisor on a continuous basis with internal customers to understand evolving business objectives, expectations and specific requirements
- Work with category management to provide spend analysis reporting to the operational buying team
- Drive existing purchasing process to full electronic purchase-to-pay system
The Procurement Manager - Health & Wellness Industry has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years' experience procurement
- 5+ years of direct management experience
- Healthcare or closely related industry experience preferred