Procurement Manager - Managed Care Programs
- Level: Manager
- Location: Raleigh-Durham, NC
- Working Arrangement: Onsite Role
Our client, a large international biopharmaceutical organization, is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate procurement individual to join their global and world class sourcing organization in the Raleigh, NC area (based in the RTP market; NOT a remote role).
The Procurement Manager - Managed Care Programs is a global position within the indirects procurement organization that will best responsible for establishing the category strategy for the subsector of R&D, which will be Managed Care Programs, Patient Support Programs, and Managed Care as the primary commodities. The successful candidate will be managing a spend of over $200M+.
The Procurement Manager - Managed Care Programs will be responsible for:
- Driving supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within the assigned commodities
- Developing and implementing approved strategies that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding stakeholder needs, supply market trends and innovation
- Conducting detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers
- Developing presentation materials, leads & facilitates key meetings with senior leaders and leverages strong communication skills to achieve desired outcomes
- Working with senior internal and external stakeholders to understand the demand/spend profile of assigned category and sub-category risks and business requirements for category plans and sourcing projects
The Procurement Manager - Managed Care Programs has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 4+ years of sourcing category experience across: managed care programs, patient support, or managed care
- Life sciences industry background (required)