Title: Product Development Engineer
Company Overview: A leading global supplier of a range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets.
The Product Development Engineer will have the following responsibilities…
- Lead the development of new products from design through proof of principle and full unit tool validation
- Responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of a current project plan and decisions regarding the project
- Manage the oversight of the product design, including leading the initial ideation / brainstorming sessions, competitive analysis, documenting design requirements, DFMEA, lead design reviews in conjunction with the Design Engineer, and insure customer and team signoff on the design.
- Evaluate technologies required for the development and manufacturing
- Coordinate the Technical Development Plan that outlines all the details necessary for the Product Line Manager to respond to an RFQ or create a Business Case
- Ensure the design is vetted through the appropriate analytical tools
- Lead technical communication with customer and/or internal stakeholders in the early stages of the project
- Ensure the product design meets all cost targets, performance requirements, and dimensional specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining, tracking, and meeting the development budget.
The Product Development Engineer should have the follow qualifications…
- BA in Engineering, Polymer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 years of injection molding and/or compression molding experience
- Knowledge in statistical methods and programs (SPC/DOE/MiniTab)
- Ability to travel (20-50%)