PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT - 2ND SHIFT
- In conjunction with the Plant Manager, the this individual will develop short term and long range production planning schedules to meet the needs of plant production to fill sales orders.
- Assures all aspects of plant operations are functioning properly.
- The Production Superintendent will work closely with plant Human Resources to assure employees follow JOTS work rules and recommend necessary discipline fair and consistent. The Production Superintendent will maintain good employee relations and solve employee issues with the guidance of plant HR.
- Schedules and coordinates with management to perform plant maintenance and production schedules. Supervises a work group to assure the production products meets daily production schedules.
- Must have knowledge of RTE and GMP procedures to prevent equipment and employees from causing product contamination. Develops and implements approved Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) plans and insures these plans are followed as written.
- Assures all required records are keep properly and up to date.
- Works to reduce plant mechanical downtime. Assures plant service equipment is functioning in good working order. (Boilers, refrigeration, compressors, and utilities)
- Works with plant management to coordinate equipment layouts for efficient operations.
- Assures the department is a safe environment to work and enforces safety objectives.
- Ensuring our belief that Safety is First; we ensure that employee and food safety are the utmost importance.
- Achieves Labor efficiency, utilization and standard yield objectives.
- Participates in the QIP process. cost objectives. (e.g. Downtime reduction, Supply Utilization and Utilities)
- Effectively relates to, coordinates with other Superintendents in the operation. Production Superintendent is attentive to and achieves production and integrates with other departments and plants.
- Performs other activities as assigned by management, which may include, but not limited to any of the following:
- Coordinates and supervises general work to assure that priorities are met efficiently for the entire department or plant.
- Under supervision, provide short-term relief supervision for vacations and/or when assistance is required.
- Through leadership, training and effective role modeling, personally ensure that all team members understand and use the Charter, Employee Handbook, Managing Principles and Team Commitment to increase a participatory environment of working together for mutual benefit.
- 5+ years in a supervisory position
- A pattern of initiative and leadership.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and sound decision-making ability.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge in technical aspects of food and/or poultry processing.
- Demonstrated commitment, flexibility and ability to work extended hours/shifts as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience successfully managing or supervising a slaughter, bone or FP operation. (This is a further processing facility)
- Experience successfully interacting with USDA/FSIS personnel with minimal direction.