DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading food production company that is looking to add a Production Supervisor to their team in Brunswick, Georgia. This role will primarily be responsible for supervising the operating unit that converts raw materials into finished products in a safe, sanitary, cost-effective, and efficient manner that meets company quality standards. This opening is for 2nd/3rd shift.
* Adhere to production schedules, assign staff to ensure that production quotas are met for finished goods inventories.
* Minimize waste and cost and ensures conformance to safety and quality standards.
* Mentor and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
* Communicate performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
* Direct requisitions for maintenance and repair of production equipment, and for machine parts and manufacturing supplies.
* Recommend improvements in machinery and equipment and in manufacturing methods.
* Ensures that all GMP and safety standards are in compliance.
* Bachelor's degree is required
* 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Food production experience is a plus
* Experience with lean manufacturing
* Experience and ability to direct and coach a team
* Ability to work 2nd/3rd shift