Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Middlesex County, NJ
A leading name in the Chemical Manufacturing industry is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to supervise the plant production and maintenance on a production shift.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for planning, directing and supervising activities and employees in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and regulatory standards to meet requirements of established production schedules and to achieve continuous improvement in results of Key Performance Indicators. The Production Supervisor is responsible to ensure employees are trained, provided appropriate tools, and have expectations provided in an appropriate manner and timely. This position is required to work closely with other departments to optimize facility operations to meet company objectives for safety, quality, production/delivery and cost, and other duties as assigned.
The Production Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Continuously drive the facility's culture toward a higher level of safety. Challenge status quo safety behaviors, engage in Safety initiatives and ensure safety training is attended by all.
- Identify and retain highly effective personnel through proper selection, training, and establishing expectations, and identify and implement developmental training plans for employees.
- Partner with the Manager and other supervisors to ensure the department's budget meets or exceeds its financial goal.
- Set proper SOP guidelines
- Manage the 5S implementation throughout department by ensuring understanding and establishing sustainability daily.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities within the department, operations, and other areas of the facility as part of the team to ensure plant sustainability.
- Partner with other departments regarding the resolution of ongoing problems, the implementation of new procedures or process, the injection of new products or product lines, and the development of new plan and designs.
- Train new hires - ensuring they understand SOPs, cGMP, and GDP
The ideal Production Supervisor must have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in a heavily regulated manufacturing environment
- Bachelors Degree; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment a plus
- Functional understanding of cGMP/GMP principles
- Leadership experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience leading, developing and upscaling manufacturing teams