An exciting, growing company in the Railway/Transportation industry based in Schaffhausen, Switzerland are currently looking for a Project Buyer to join their market leading team in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
The company is a long-standing leader in Transportation, boasting a world-wide scope and an outstanding reputation to match. They have enjoyed significant growth in the past year, because of this they are currently searching for exceptional talent worldwide to fit into their industry-leading organisation. As a result of these conditions, now is certainly a fantastic time to join an established, prospering company within an exciting and stable environment. If you are an ambitious and motivated professional with an exceptional track record in Project procurement, then do not hesitate to apply.
We are looking for a Project Buyer with experience in strategic sourcing in a technical environment and a background in engineering. The type of commodities include forging and casting, thus experience in direct purchasing is very important too.
They are looking for professionals with a hunger to progress quickly in their career with responsibility for strategic decisions from day 1. The company are extremely dynamic and will look for people who take a hands-on approach in their work. The successful must be a fluent speaker in German and English
- Collaborate with all required disciplines to provide the most favourable pricing, quality, delivery, and relationship management (vendor) to meet company goals and objectives.
- Make component sourcing recommendations for awarded projects
- Inform Commodity team about new projects and support consolidation and combined negotiations in order to get leverage opportunities
- Secure capacity, pricing and leverage additional volumes, for existing parts
- Identification and realization of saving potentials
- 50% traveling to sites in Witten and Dortmund
- Act as liaison between requisitioners and vendors, receiving and vendors, and Quality Assurance and vendors. Work closely with vendors to ensure accurate and on-time delivery, managing the details of day-to-day business.
Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Minimum 3 years (prefer 5+) years professional experience in related industry, and 3+ years procurement experience in Project purchasing.
▪ Established background in procurement and knowledge of relevant processes.
▪ Successful supplier negotiations and contracts/long-term agreement execution experience.
▪ Must be a TAKE CHARGE person with a positive, proactive attitude with the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
▪ Very good German and English knowledge (Min C1)
What this Job Offer you:
- Significant responsibility with industry-leading firm
- Quick progression opportunities
- World-class facilities
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 797