- Location: Montgomery, AL
- Level: Manager
- Working Situation: Onsite
Our transportation industry client is looking for a new Purchasing Manager Manage purchasing department to include ensuring raw materials, MRO, and services are procured at the best value. While also providing objectives, coaching, and guidance to the team. The Purchasing Manager will report directly to the Director of Supply Chain.
Overall, the ideal candidate will have end to end supply chain experience, ideally with experience in textiles, ERP systems in relation to the manufacturing industry, and the ability to build efficient, effective teams.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for:
- Forming and maintaining strong vendor relationships.
- Manage purchasing department to include providing objectives, coaching, and guidance to the team. Achieve results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching and counseling employees.
- Establish goals and work processes which minimize costs while increasing efficiencies. Reevaluate and improve such processes as necessary. Communicate improvement recommendations to leadership for discussion and possible implementation.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
The Purchasing Manager will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain
- 3+years Freight experience
- 3+ Metals/Textiles experience
- Ability to preform formula level math to solve narratives
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Competitive PTO
- Great company culture