Our client in the aerospace and defense manufacturing sector is looking to bring on a brand new Purchasing Manager to the team! The purchasing manager will be responsible for overseeing vendors, contract negotiation, and ERP implementation. This role will be come a part of a growing team and be able to make an impact on the procurement strategies within the company.
The ideal candidate will have a DoD background, experience with CPSR audits, and some experience with subcontract management. They also will have a team-player attitude, and enjoy dynamic day to day responsibilities while having a 'boots-on-the-ground' mentality.
- Implement procurement strategies, negotiate with suppliers, and manage vendor relationships in compliance with DoD regulations
- Develop and implement cost saving strategies
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for CPSR conformance to company policy
- Integrate company files into a new ERP system
- Bachelors Preferred or Equivalent experience
- 5+ years of purchasing experience
- DoD regulation experience
- CPSR experience