Quality and Food Safety Manager required for Global Food Production Company
- Quality and Food Safety Manager
- Santa Clara County, CA
A leading Food Production and Packaging Company is looking for a Quality and Food Safety Manager in one of their key facilities located in Santa Clara County, California.
The Quality and Food Safety Manager will oversee all the of in-plant quality, sanitation, and sensory systems and personnel.
The Quality and Food Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Management of staff responsible for environmental management, quality verifications, technical support services, and food safety oversight.
- Oversee the evaluation of appearance, odor, flavor, and texture of ingredients and meals during and after the production process.
- Interpretation and implementation of FDA regulatory compliance including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as related to manufacturing, storage and distribution.
- Establish and maintain programs and procedures that ensure the safety of food products manufactured within the facility.
- Process and product compliance with National Organics Program requirements.
- Participation and initiation of continuous improvement activities to include root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Management and Analysis of QFS key performance indicators.
- Ensure proper sanitation of all equipment, plant, and grounds, and all required paperwork is done promptly
- Ensures that Sanitation Department activities align with SQF, QAI GF and Kosher requirements
- Create, develop or devise procedures and specifications.
The Quality and Food Safety Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science and Technology, or related Life Science
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Quality, Food Safety, and Sanitation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detail oriented, rigorous, analytical, reactive, and good interpersonal skills.
- Must be Bilingual with Spanish
- Computer literate.
- SQF, PCQI, HACCP, FDQI, and Better Process Control School Certification or willingness to gain any/all certifications as required.
- Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing is a plus.