Quality Assurance Technician - for a leading Food Production Company
- Quality Assurance Technician - Food Manufacturing
- Berkeley, CA
A leading Food Production company is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have quality, laboratory or GMP regulated production environment experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The QA Technician - Will work independently and coordinate essential Quality Assurance / Quality Control functions from raw materials and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) verification through finished product release.
The QA Technician - should have the following skill set:
- Four-year college degree in a technical/scientific discipline (Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years practical experience in a quality, laboratory or GMP regulated production environment in 21 CFR regulated industries (i.e., food, dietary supplements, personal care, medical devices, etc.).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to function as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Familiarity / knowledge of GMPs, HACCP/food safety, laboratory safety, GFSI
- Experience working with version-controlled forms, procedures, policies, and workflows.
The QA Technician - will:
- Collect and coordinate information and prepare regulatory documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Audit, implement and manage systems to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints to determine root causes, provide responses, and determine corrective and/or preventive actions.
- Support Production as needed including line start-up and ingredient and finished product approval.
- Implement food safety and QA/QC practices for all aspects of food manufacturing such as sampling procedures, test plans and product specifications. Ensure practices are consistently applied.
- Review all data obtained during quality assurance activities to insure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Enforce and verify sanitation standards to ensure food safety integrity according to applicable laws and statutes.
- Investigate and resolve issues identified during quality assurance activities and keeps management team abreast of any significant issues or developments identified.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of customer complaints.
- Supervise other employees engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Assists with the control and release of withheld and retained products