A Fortune-500 food manufacturing company is hiring for a Quality Control Supervisor
Greater Madison, WI area (relocation provided)
Quality Operations team
A multi-billion-dollar Food Production company is hiring for a Quality Control Supervisor. The supervisor will be responsible for leading, training, and directing employees throughout one of their primary facilities. As a leader of the plant, the Quality Control Supervisor will be reporting directly to the Plant Quality Leader.
The companies "promote-from-within" philosophy rewards outstanding performance with advancement to higher level quality positions. The Quality Supervisor will be involved in both Quality Assurance and Quality Control while being responsible for the plants KPIs, SOP's, and professional practices which line up with the entire corporation's standards of quality. They will be trained and acclimated to company culture with the intent to advance into a higher level quality management role.
Quality Control Supervisor key responsibilities:
- Lead, direct and train employees to achieve quality standards
- Manage product quality with complete understanding of of ISO, GMP, HACCP food safety and other industry standards
- Conduct Quality audits to ensure plant is in accordance with FDA/USDA best practices
- Oversees sanitation procedures and food safety
- Spend majority of time on plant floor to ensure processes are in line with company and industry best-practices and standards
The ideal Quality Control Supervisor will have the following skillset:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience in Food Safety Quality Management
- 2+ year's quality experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Must be comfortable with the preparation and consumption of a variety of food products, which may include but not limited to, pork, beef, chicken, and peanuts.
- Complete knowledge of ISO, GMP, HACCP food safety and other specific industry standards
- Ability to serve as a hands-on leader; comfortable spending time on the production floor