Quality Manager - for a leading Chemical Manufacturing Company
- Quality Manager
- Newport, DE
A leading Chemical Manufacturing company is seeking an Quality Manager who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have QMS experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Quality Manager - Will ensure conformance to and manages the quality processes and quality performance of the membrane manufacturing facility. The focus of the Quality Manager is to provide assurance of the robust application of procedures, work instructions, quality management processes, and KPI's within the plant. This position also manages the Warehouse and QC Laboratory on site. The successful candidate will report to the Site Director. This role will be an active participant in Management of Change Process and IMS.
The Quality Manager - should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferable Chemical or Mechanical engineering
- 5-7 years of manufacturing experience or 2+ years of experience with Membrane manufacturing
- Demonstrated knowledge of the International Quality Standards, including ISO-9001: 2000 and AS-9100 required
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Experience in hollow membrane manufacturing preferred
- Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt preferred
The Quality Manager - will:
- Provide Leadership for Quality Systems in the improvement of quality system performance and guidance on meeting company and customer quality requirements
- Overall responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction through management of customer complaints, review and approval of specifications, and touring, hosting, & entertaining customers during plant visits.
- Acts as the Management Representative and champions ISO9000 and AS9100 certification audits within the plant
- Providing guidance and approval for changes to product inspection plans recipes, bill of materials, and fiber release decision
- Providing guidance and approval for changes to product inspection plans recipes, bill of
- Owner of the Management of Change Process as well as driving compliance with IMS GP-08:Management of Change
- Manages quality certification of products, coordinates notification of off-spec products, and manages non-conforming disposition by leading the MRB (Material Review Board)