Raw Material Procurement Manager
An international Food Production company is looking for a Procurement Manager to lead their entire sourcing and vendor management function. With recently updated facilities, this company is looking to continue their expansion growth and needs someone with a solid foundation in procuring and negotiating for raw materials. This role will report directly to the CEO and have creative freedom in how they drive cost-savings initiatives.
The Raw Material Procurement Manager will be responsible for:
- Sourcing and procurement of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and corporate goods and services, including maintenance, freight, and external warehousing.
- Lead RFPs and RFIs to continually improve the supplier network strength while reducing costs.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements.
- Forecast future procurement needs; monitor stock levels and maintain safety stock. Expedite delivery of goods when appropriate.
- Data collection and analysis of market trends, supplier spend, quality, and delivery metrics.
- Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation and serve as liaison with the Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices
- Obtain all documentation related to supplier and raw material approvals (i.e.: specsheets, GMO declaration, etc.)
The Raw Material Procurement Manager should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience in procurement, category management, or supply chain. CPG industry, food/beverage experience helpful but not mandatory.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Engineering, or similar field.
- Advanced understanding of Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc), and PowerPoint desirable.
- Experience in direct or indirect spend categories (corrugated packaging, pallets, plant services and supplies, MRO, janitorial and waste stream services, etc.)
- Skilled negotiator with experience developing contracts.
- Experience in Sage or equivalent ERP system.
- Employer-provided healthcare
- Competitive base salary
- 3 weeks of vacation time
If you are interested in the Raw Material Procurement Manager role, then please don't wait to apply.