A leading packaging manufacturer is adding a Regional Purchasing Lead to their team. The Purchasing Lead will be responsible for the strategic purchasing of direct materials, building a team, and developing junior direct reports. This opportunity will be fast-paced and dynamic, and offers a competitive base salary, excellent benefits, and minimal travel.
- Responsibility for defining and implementing the global procurement strategy for Direct Components and Materials
- Develop commodity roadmaps that align business requirements with industry and supplier capabilities
- Identify, evaluate, select, and integrate new suppliers and technologies
- Continually educate self and others on market trends, cost drivers, technical improvements, and competitive landscape
- Negotiate contracts, pricing, and vendor agreements and maintain supplier relationships as the primary point of contact
- Maintain optimum inventory levels in support of Production and resolve all issues related to assigned commodities
- Ensure the continuous improvement of quality, service, and total cost in support of business needs
- Bachelor's degree in operations, supply chain, industrial engineering, logistics or a related field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in global sourcing, procurement, or supply chain management
- Strong background in sourcing direct materials
- Excellent negotiation skills
If interested or wanting to learn more, do not wait to apply!