Safety Manager Needed for Electric Vehicle Start up
- Greater Phoenix Arizona
- Competitive Compensation + Relocation Assistance + High Growth Trajectory
A heavily funded Electric Vehicle Organization is seeking a Safety Manager to ensure safety standards are exceeded to ensure the safety of 200+ employees. The Safety Manager will be responsible for areas within the automotive sector, overseeing locations such as Finished vehicle area, Lineside delivery, Powertrain & all docking areas and some warehousing areas.
The ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his/her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Delegation skills mixed with quality and safety oversight.
- Advises management and staff regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies
- Produce and manage a physical inventory of all hazardous materials, wastes, and storage locations
- Classify all hazardous materials and wastes per fire department and Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA).
- Prepare and/or update the Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP).
- Oversee operational safety and quality control services to ensure work is performed in accordance state and company policies.
- Subcontractor services - oversee work performance upon request, including out of process safety issues that require a risk assessment.
- Generate performance reports as requested by area.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 5 years of Safety Operations experience with 3+ years managing
- Have current OSHA 10 & OSHA 30 (Preferred) or equivalent in experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Driver's license for local travel.