Safety Manager Opportunity!
A manufacturer of chemical additives is looking to hire a new Safety Manager! As the senior most safety professional, you will be responsible for travelling to various manufacturing plants ensuring best practice and promoting a safety first culture.
The Safety Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance with safety regulations at all levels, including employees, and across various jurisdictions, industries, and company-specific standards.
- Foster and enhance the culture of safety within the organization.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date written safety protocols and procedures.
- Perform regular safety audits as needed to assess and enhance safety practices.
- Create and deliver regular safety training programs for company staff.
- Devise streamlined methods for collecting data on the root causes of industrial accidents.
- Implement strategies to reduce work-related incidents and occupational hazards.
- Direct and oversee the implementation of general safety protocols throughout the organization.
- Formulate plans to monitor daily employee operations and ensure compliance with safety policies and regulations.
- Provide regular safety reports and recommendations to the company's management team.
The Safety Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Possess a bachelor's degree in chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related scientific field. Holding safety-related certifications is advantageous.
- Bring previous experience in safety management within the specialty chemicals sector.
- Demonstrate effective communication, presentation, and influence skills across all organizational levels.
- Showcase a track record of successfully developing and implementing safety programs from inception to completion.
- Exhibit excellent mentoring, coaching, and personnel management abilities.
- Prove the ability to achieve program success through influence, even without direct authority over all relevant personnel.
- Must be open to 50% travel