INSTRUMENTATION / CONTROLS ENGINEER
Great opportunity for Instrumentation, Electrical and Controls Engineer! We are looking for applicants with a passion for Controls Engineering and a proven track record of installation, maintenance and design in a manufacturing arena to achieve high levels of delivery.
Provide technical support and leadership to the plant site to ensure proper installation, maintenance, design, and consistency of instrumentation, controls, and electrical power distribution. Provide support for regulatory compliance and utility systems including boiler operations, refrigeration, air compressors and high voltage transformers.
- Provides electrical (power distribution) and process control (instrumentation) engineering troubleshooting, optimization, and reliability skills to the plant site.
- Participates in process hazard analyses in associated discipline to ensure health, safety and environmental soundness of our operations.
- Responsible for manufacturing support including process troubleshooting, optimization and cost reduction based on strong technical and economic understanding of the electrical, process control systems and chemical processes.
- Must be capable of sustaining electrical and instrumentation operability.
- Develops electrical and control instrumentation specifications.
- Plans and executes engineering and development projects (CAR's and studies).
- Supports other engineering projects using I/E expertise and experience.
- Assists in evaluation of process changes with respect to management of change as well as maintenance and capital projects.
- Participates in the MI program, procedures, implementation and reviews.
- Develops an understanding and participation in all phases of plant operations including utilities, unit consumptions, budgeting, maintenance, outages, etc.
- Prepares capital cost estimates and evaluates project economics.
- Prepares capital appropriations requests (CAR) for approval process-capital investment.
- Develops, designs and implements control logic for DCSs, PLCs and other stand-alone controllers
- Develops, designs and implements operator interface software for process controls.
- Implements multiple "small scale" capital projects ranging from $25M to $250M as needed including project schedule, budget, and cost control.
- Follows or assist project construction, operator training and project startups to ensure that design performance specifications are achieved.
- Associate's Degree at a minimum - 5 years work experience in related role
- Experience implementing and/or working with DELTAV systems is a plus
- Experience in programmable logic controllers or distribution control systems and operator interface software in a chemical manufacturing or process industry, 15KV and 480V power distribution equipment and process analyzers.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the National Electric Code and be familiar with hazardous (classified) electrical installations.