Title: Senior Buyer
Company Summary: A global leading chemicals company is looking for a Senior Buyer to join their team in Hamilton, Mississippi-home of the second largest manufacturer of titanium dioxide pigment in the world. If you want to join a company that values their employees, culture and business, don't wait to apply!
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for:
- Purchasing materials and services from supplier to help support plant functions including utilities, MRO, Capex, energy, chemicals, etc.
- Facilitate contract agreements and vendor relationships
- Developing requests for quotes and bids
- Monitoring market trends to create procurement strategy and analysis
- Evaluating implementation methods (JIT, MRP, consignment, VMI) to optimize high value inventory levels
The Senior Buyer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Procurement, Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience procuring chemicals, energy/utilities, packaging, maintenance, environmental services, capital materials and logistics
- SAP systems experience and Contract Management System (CMS)
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Background in Chemicals or Environmental Industry preferred