It's a bird, it's a plane…it's a career for a lifetime! A highly regarded aerospace manufacturing company is looking for a qualified and assertive individual eager for a role and company culture centralized around long term growth and continuous improvement. This in-person position, located in Niles, IL, is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to take that next step within the aerospace industry with a company that is more than well-established and respected from a global standpoint.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for...
- Planning, scheduling, releasing, and managing purchases under the direction of COE procurement as required.
- Developing and maintaining communication channels between various departments and establishing an efficient work flow in the supply chain to directly support the customer.
- Leading a team of training level 1 Buyers/ Planners, in addition to internal and external suppliers.
- Continuously analyzing planning parameters (i.e. Lead times, lot sizes, order quantities, and safety stock) and implementing improvements.
- Managing and leading CI-/ Lean- projects
The Senior Buyer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- APICS and CPSM/CPM Certification preferred
- Greenbelt Certification preferred
- Required to have 2 years of experience as a buyer/planner in a Government Contracting environment
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401 (K)
If this exciting opportunity intrigues you, apply now!