Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Working Situation: Hybrid
Our Client, leading manufacturer of cutting-edge composite components and assemblies, is searching for a Senior Buyer who will be responsible for a leading cross-functional team. The Senior buyer is responsible for executing sourcing and procurement activities and initiatives that support the company's $300 million annual spend. Specifically, the Senior Buyer assists each of the company's global category leads with strategy implementation and tactical management for North America. Such activities and initiatives may include reducing the company's Total Cost of Ownership, mitigating supply risk, managing complexity, and supporting sustainability goals and initiatives.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for
- Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded
- Communicates with User departments such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Planning, Facilities and other departments as necessary to ensure their requirements are met.
- Solicits quotes, conducts bid evaluations, evaluates costs, negotiates optimum delivery schedules and ensures the best combination of price, quantity discount, product quality, standard terms and conditions, and where appropriate, supports the establishment of long term agreements such as Master Orders and Blanket Purchase Agreements.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials through order follow up and supply chain benchmarking activities
The Senior Buyer has the following qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in procurement, supply chain, logistics, or a similar field.
- Experience in Aerospace is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in an ERP system is a plus (for example SAP, Ariba, Pentagon 2000).
If interested, please do not hesitate to apply!