We currently have a requirement for a Senior Buyer to join a large Biotechnology company organisation based in Solothurn, Switzerland on a contract from April 2020 to December 2020.
- Responsible for GMP purchasing of raw materials and components for Large Scale Manufacturing including timely delivery of high quality products from suppliers
- Ensuring that all procurement transactions have requisite due diligence performed prior to their execution, and the due diligence is documented as part of a PO memo that gets issued to senior management.
- This position is expected to routinely lead vendor discussions to assure a smooth procurement strategy is followed.
- This position, would assist Sourcing category managers in the development and negotiation of new supply agreements, and is is responsible to ensure that supply agreement conditions are adhered and followed.
- Coordination and communication with internal departments, external suppliers.
- Incorporate strategic sourcing methodology and tools that drive continuous improvement and optimize quality, cost, customer focus, innovation and relationship development within assigned sub categories
- All operations will be performed as per executed training curricula and under appropriate quality systems such as cGMP.
- Responsible for sourcing of certain categories of indirect materials (a.o. lab supplies , lab equipment, services.)
- Project management within area of responsibilities, contract negotiation, qualification of new suppliers, new materials/services and performance follow up.
Key Skills Required:
- Minimum of 2+ years of Supply Chain or Sourcing/ Category Management experience.
- Knowledge of ERP systems e.g. Oracle or similar
- Good communication skills in English, orally and written are required
- Experience within the Biotech/Pharma environment would be beneficial