Senior Category Manager
The Senior Category Manager is responsible for….
- Creating and advancing sourcing strategies and conducting key sourcing initiatives
- Leading personnel (within and external) in prioritizing and reaching goals across related categories and key sourcing initiatives
- Holding the primary position of contact for resolution of issues. (systemic, recurring supplier and customers) Develop new and monitor existing relationships with suppliers and business partners.
- Category management and authority of associated purchases considering cybersecurity, NERC, CIP and third party risk.
- Handle negotiations with vendors to achieve company needs and mitigate risk
- Execute best practices of sourcing and category management
The Senior Category Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or science field or equivalent with 5 years of experience OR high school diploma with 9 years of experience.
- Demonstrated project, change, and conflict management skills
- Well versed in category and supply management concepts
- Persuasive communication and negotiation skills
- Cross functional team management and facilitation skills
- Data analysis capability and MS Office applications expertise
- Technical aptitude
- Availability for travel as needed
- Business Unit experience
- Detailed specific category expertise
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401 (K)