Senior Category Manager - IT
- Location: Raleigh-Durham
Our client, a premier biotech organization focused on sustainability efforts, is looking for an Senior Category Manager - IT as the primary commodities this role will oversee.
The Senior Category Manager - IT is a newly created position within the organization as the successful candidate will develop the strategy for the IT related commodities. Given this is a global and European based organization, the successful candidate will also be working with global teams, and international experience is preferential.
The Senior Category Manager - IT will:
- Drive supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within assigned commodities.
- Own the contractual process with suppliers by negotiating NDA's, General Terms & Conditions and Statements of Work.
- Develop and implement approved strategies for assigned commodities that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding customer needs, supply market trends and innovation.
- Be accountable for managing an annual category spend of over $250M USD.
- Conduct detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers.
The Senior Category Manager - IT has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience with IT procurement
- Expert category strategy, strategic sourcing, supplier management, spend analysis, and contract negotiation skills
- Proficiency with SAP/Coupa, and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel