Senior Electrical Engineer Needed for Series E Funded Aviation Company
- South San Francisco area
- Competitive Compensation + Growth Opportunities
Company Summary: A rapidly expanding Aviation/Drone Manufacturing company is looking to hire a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their System Prototype and Test team. This is a unique opportunity for an Engineer to own the development of new system designs from early prototyping for specific functionality de-risking all the way to verifying the production design through full-vehicle testing. All this while independently driving schedules, managing vendors, bridging cross-functional teams, and leading efforts to design, develop, and deploy high quality test systems.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will:
- Design and deploy test assets to validate system-level functionality, including releasing full flight vehicle prototypes
- Develop a deep understanding of all vehicle subsystems, working closely with component owners to share learnings, and work towards better designs
- Coordinate cross-functional teams and external vendors to deploy high quality test system deliverables in a timely manner
- Drive end-to-end test campaigns from design validation through to qualification, production automation, and pre-flight testing
- Triage and root-cause flight issues, using data analysis, test heritage, correlation to operating conditions, and one-off test campaigns
- Develop automation software scripts to streamline design and production testing
The Senior Electrical Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years in design, development, and testing of hardware for high-reliability environments
- Experience developing automation systems (hardware and software) for use in safety-critical applications
- Experience debugging complex electromechanical systems both through hands-on work and team coordination
- Experience with prototyping and working in a fast-paced team environment solving multidisciplinary problems with little supervision on schedule.
- Experience using and deep understanding of common test instrumentation and sensors.
- Experience with PCBAs from schematic design and layout to ordering and validation
- Experience designing, documenting, and validating complex wiring systems
- Experience programming in basic Python, or C/C++ scripts and familiarity with the software development process
- Must be eligible to work in the US