Senior Manager of Materials Management
- Location: Columbus, GA
Our client, a premier biotechnology organization, is searching for a Senior Manager of Materials Management to lead a global team responsible for the end to end support for supply planning and inventory optimization.
The Senior Manager of Materials Management will manage the supply planning team to achieve corporate goals, drive change, and global transparency. The successful candidate will have experience both working with international suppliers, within an integrated supply chain, and will have experience working with SAP systems. Prior biotechnology or chemicals industry experience is highly preferred.
The Senior Manager of Materials Management will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing projects around global supply planning network to include process improvement, capability introduction, and systems integration
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on the delivery of Supply through weekly reviews as well as demand control meetings
- Maintaining raw material, packaging components, intermediates, third party, and finished good stock levels consistent with business requirements while meeting agreed working capital targets and end customer service levels
- Responsible for the plant purchasing function to ensure all required raw materials are available to meet production requirements and all quality standards
- Executing plans for new products and product changes by interacting with Demand Planning, Marketing and Sales teams
The Senior Manager of Materials Management has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred)
- 8-12 years' experience in materials management/supply planning
- Advanced SAP system knowledge
- Be willing to travel 20% (domestic)