The Senior Manager will be a Category Manager within the Drug Discovery and Non-Clinical Development category and resides in the department's Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SS&P) function. This individual is a key point of contact for all of Drug Discovery and other Non-Clinical departments' outsourcing needs and activities with CRO vendors, including but not limited to strategies, tactics and operations.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare and send RFIs to vendors and analyze information returned to company in collaboration with and on behalf of internal customers.
- Prepare and send RFPs to vendors and analyze, negotiate and finalize scopes of work, budgets and payment schedules with vendors in collaboration with and on behalf of internal customers, including scope of work and budget amendments and change orders.
- Effectively manage and balance vendor costs, quality, timelines and risks throughout the complete and complex lifecycle Drug Discovery vendor scopes of work, budgets and contracts.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate vendor capability discussions, software demonstrations and bid defense meetings with current and prospective vendors, including communication of award notifications and non-award notifications to vendors.
- Build, maintain and grow business relationships with current and prospective vendors through honesty, integrity and trust.
- Liaise and partner with company' Legal department to ensure timely execution of vendor Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Services Agreements, Work Orders/Task Orders, Amendments, Change Orders, Completion of Service Letters, Termination Letters and other types of contracts.
- Liaise and partner with company' Legal department to ensure vendor contract terms and conditions adequately address all business needs and requirements for services and protect company', SS&P and SS&P's internal customers' interests prior to contract execution.
- Liaise and collaborate with company' Legal department to enforce vendor contract terms and conditions.
- Liaise, partner and collaborate with SS&P's Financial Operations function on internal PO initiation, review, approval, revision (increases, decreases) and close-out processes.
- Liaise, partner and collaborate with SS&P's Financial Operations function on internal vendor invoice review and approval process.
- Liaise, partner and collaborate with SS&P's Financial Operations function and company' Legal department on vendor financial reconciliation and contract close-out process.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- May include occasional travel to current and/or prospective vendor facilities
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and a minimum of nine- years of related experience; or
- Master's degree in related discipline and a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or
- Doctoral degree in related discipline and 2 or more years of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education/training and experience
Experience/The Ideal For Successful Entry Into Job
- Typically requires a minimum of eight years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry required.
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry R&D outsourcing, purchasing or procurement roles required.
- In-depth knowledge of the stages of Drug Discovery required
- Working knowledge of biopharmaceutical industry regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Poise and confidence to provide verbal and written communications and formal presentations to company' and external vendors' executives, senior management, functional management, and individual contributors.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, strong collaborator, and team player with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent analytical, strategic thinking, problem-solving, time management, change management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing business plans and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and communicate issues and risks.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Embraces company' core values: Be Exceptional; Excel for Patients; Exceed Together.