DSJ Global is currently working with a leading biotechnology organization that is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Lexington, KY. This role will be instrumental to build operational excellence capabilities and foster continuous improvements both vertically and horizontally across organization to enhance process reliability, increase capacity, build capabilities of internal resources, improve safety, quality performance, competitive cost and meet customer demands.
- Identify, prioritize, and lead process improvement Kaizen and Projects initiatives to improve flow, reduce waste, improve efficiency, cycle time and throughputs using applicable PDCA , Lean, Six Sigma and or project management tools and techniques such as: Value Stream /Process Mapping, RCA, etc.
- Support identification and elimination of largest sources of loss through relentless process robustness focus, including investigation and solution implementation program.
- Provide ongoing applicable training, coaching and implementation support to sites before, during and after project and process improvement deployment. Track impact and value delivery.
- Build capability of internal resources in areas of process improvement, project management and technical operations by developing and implanting targeted training programs.
- Support identification, prioritization and deployment of the capital and project management program
- Partner with site leadership to develop, implement and track Key Performance Indicators for all functions to further foster culture of continuous improvement and accountability.
- Manage construction and new process projects from $50,000 to $5,000,000.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience in process excellence and performance improvement tools, techniques, and roadmaps such as: Lean, PDCA, Six Sigma belts, Kaizen, Process mapping, waste reduction, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self- starter, highly motivated, and reliable
- Experience in coaching and influencing senior leaders; collaboration across various levels of the organization and reaching alignment on goals, targets, etc