Senior Procurement Manager - Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Location: Tampa, FL
Our client, a premier biopharmaceutical organization, is looking to fill a newly created role as a Senior Procurement Manager to support the procurement activities within the Corporate Indirect Procurement Management Team.
The Senior Procurement Manager - Pharmaceuticals Industry will be working with executive management and functional stakeholders to identify best in class category practices, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, and stakeholder relationship management.
The Senior Procurement Manager - Pharmaceuticals Industry will:
- Drive organizational value (quality, cost, delivery) through cross-functional collaboration for assigned categories including professional services and capex
- Develop a category strategy for each assigned category that incorporates customer requirements, market conditions, sourcing strategy, business risk, and supplier capabilities
- Partner as a trusted advisor on a continuous basis with internal customers to understand evolving business objectives, expectations and specific requirements
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practices, market conditions, trends, sources of supply and supplier capabilities for assigned categories
- Lead sourcing negotiations with all levels of supplier contacts to mitigate risk (quality, cost, delivery) through contract management best practices
The Senior Procurement Manager - Pharmaceuticals Industry has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in a strategic sourcing role
- Experience negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Experience mitigating risk