I am currently representing a retail company that has its core operations in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and they are looking for an experienced procurement expert to join their team!
The role of Senior Procurement Manager for Technology is available now, so please do not hesitate hesitate to get in touch if you're interested!
- manage and balance needs between quality, cost, service, and innovation - responsible for achieving annual target cost reduction and avoidance savings
- manage a significant portfolio of technology sourcing and contract negotiation opportunities across multiple technologies, digital, and business-enabling related categories
- proactively identify and execute savings and innovation opportunities for business/technology stakeholders
- lead sourcing initiatives end to end, including but not limited to
- RFx, benchmarking; performing supplier market research, and developing category strategies.
- liaise with internal stakeholders, building and adeptly maintaining complex (at times, challenging) relationships - particularly with senior / mid-senior leaders e.g., RCIOs, E/S/VPs, and Directors
- lead vendor contract negotiations, including commercial/pricing and contract terms & conditions
- perform vendor assessments
- expertly navigate Technology Sourcing's role as the central hub of the technology procurement and contracting process, including
- maintain strong relationships and smooth handoffs with control and support teams such as finance, vendor management, information security, legal team members, etc
- support the Director & VP in developing a robust, professional, and forward-thinking technology sourcing organization
- stay current with both business and technology and identify potential future partners.
You will join a team that is relatively early on the maturity curve, meaning opportunities abound for career growth into people leadership and new roles and functions. You report to the EU Technology Sourcing Director, who reports to our global VP. In addition, you work with colleagues from our local brands, finance, vendor management, information security, legal, etc.
- Combine a bachelor/master's degree, or equivalent experience, with 8-10+ years of relevant work experience as a procurement lead in technology, covering large global contracts. Retail experience is considered a plus.
- A world-class strategic negotiator with excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to conduct professional presentations and tell stories, including the ability to process complex input to create cogent arguments and simple messages
- Bring solid project management, planning & organization skills to the table - a must because you will need to go beyond negotiating. You are the centerpiece of coordination between all parties involved.
- Excellent conceptual skills and autonomy, including stakeholder management experience. You thrive in a large, matrixed, and diverse organization, bridging the gap between our global and local sourcing needs.
- Ability to lead and influence peers, typically without official authority or mandate
- You have excellent English language skills; Dutch is considered a plus.