Job Title: Procurement Operations Analyst
Location: Marlborough, MA (On-site)
Our client, one of the world's leading Food Service companies is looking to add a newly created Procurement Operations Analyst to their growing team. Family-owned and operated since 1958, they are very well established within the Retail and Food Service industry with over 1,200 employed and 4 plant operations across the U.S. and generated over $2 billion in revenue last year.
This role will have procurement responsibility, as well as interact with cross-functional business partners to drive value, determine appropriate order quantities to balance demand, consolidate and standardize processes and reports, and develop a standard process for new customer launches. It also requires knowledge and experience in data analysis, problem solving, and decision making, as well as managing supplier performance and capable of driving continuous improvement with existing suppliers.
This position is on-site and comes with an attractive compensation package with a bonus included.
- Regularly interface with cross-functional Business Partners to drive value across the Supply Chain
- Streamline procurement processes (including with Suppliers and at the Plants)
- Perform value engineering activities for existing contract products/services
- Develop standard process to manage at-risk, high priority material constraints across all four plants (i.e. establish daily/weekly trackers, create demand forecasts, etc.)
- Develop standard process for New Customer Launches to determine the impact to Materials
- Work with Operations Purchasing to identify unique/volume driving materials
- Work with Sourcing to understand new formula requirements that impact existing materials
- Work with Supply Chain and Sales to determine pipeline and on-going requirements of New Product Launches
- Improve and manage Discontinuation process and communications (cross-functional)
- Identify unique/volume driving materials
- Develop discontinuation/obsolete plan and determine monetary impact
- Consolidate and standardize processes/reports (Operations/Sourcing and Ingredients/Packaging), including but not limited to:
- Quarterly Inventory results
- Unit Pricing/Freight Changes across Ingredients, Packaging
- Identify areas of improvement that will benefit from a standardized process and/or increased data analysis (i.e. National Account demand forecasting)
- Support other projects or processes, as directed
- Four-year degree in related field preferred
- 3+ years Cross-functional Team Management Experience (8+ years for Senior Buyer)
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Syspro or other ERP System experience a plus
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Highly proficient in data analysis, problem solving, and decision making
- Proficient in applying broad based business disciplines/knowledge to support Procurement activities
Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? If so, please let me know the best time and number to reach you at. Also, please attach a copy of your updated resume.
I look forward to speaking!