Senior Procurement Specialist- Chemicals Procurement
- Location: Miami, FL
- Working Arrangement: Onsite/Remote hybrid flexibility
- Level: Senior Associate
Our client, a global chemicals organization, is searching for a Senior Procurement Specialist - Chemicals Procurement to join their corporate sourcing team. This is a new position that has been created to the group, and works on a lean team where your next promotion would be manager!
The Senior Procurement Specialist - Chemicals Procurement will work closely with functional leaders and the Procurement Head to develop and execute sourcing strategies. The successful candidate will build a strong partnership with relative business leaders to manage demand, current and future roadmaps and vendor partnerships.
The Senior Procurement Specialist - Chemicals Procurement will be responsible for:
- Being highly involved in supplier negotiations, as well as helping manage contracts and license agreements to ensure that obligations are met and the process for tracking renewals or replacement of existing agreements is managed and scalable
- Assist in developing category management strategy and building out strategy from "ground-up"
- Category management: raw materials and chemicals (i.e. Glycol, Caustic, Resins, Polyethylene)
- Preparing RFQs, bid documents, analyzing and evaluating proposals, and administering the evaluation process
- Using insights from stakeholder discussions, data research, and developing a strong understanding of business initiatives to create structured information analyses
The Senior Procurement Specialist - Chemicals Procurement has the following qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in sourcing raw materials/chemicals
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- ERP/SAP system experience