A Fortune 100 Global Pharmaceutical Company is now looking to hire a new Senior Sourcing Manager for Research and Development who spearheads procurement initiatives for the organization's new products. This individual will be responsible for creating partnerships, working closely with R&D and innovation stakeholders. Leading a team into a new global market, and establishing premium sourcing strategies for the team, this individual will engage and manage new and evolving relationships within the R&D sector.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Indirect Procurement:
- Evaluating R&D Spend Strategies and implementing strategy for optimal savings and processes
- Engage with and develop buy in with executive stakeholders across the business
- Evaluate and make procurement decisions based on an in-depth understanding of new markets, suppliers and products in relevant categories.
- Oversee 450MM in annual spend responsibility
- Launch cost-effective strategy savings across the business -
- Develop and manage 6 direct reports
- The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or significant relevant procurement experience in R&D Procurement and relevant subject matter expertise
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial leadership style to work within a fast-paced environment with a strong company culture
- Performance history of leading tactical sourcing initiatives