A globally leading chemical company are looking to expand their procurement function in Switzerland. With over 200 sites across 35 countries, you would be joining this company in exciting period of growth, in a position to make a direct impact on the supply chain function. With sustainability at its core, this company has built a strategy around performance and capability to achieve their ambitious goals including hitting net zero emissions.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing sourcing strategies for chemicals, resins, rubber and other raw materials in line with business needs, market trends and supplier capabilities.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, negotiating contracts and terms that maximize value, quality and sustainability.
- Collaborating with R&D, production, logistics and other functions to ensure timely and reliable supply of raw materials and seamless integration of sourcing activities.
- Driving continuous improvement in sourcing processes, systems, metrics and supplier performance to achieve cost savings, risk mitigation and innovation.
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of sourcing professionals to deliver exceptional results and foster a culture of excellence, collaboration and accountability.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- At least 8 years of experience in sourcing raw materials for chemical, industrial or related industries, with a proven track record of delivering results and building strong supplier relationships.
- Deep knowledge of the market and technical aspects of chemicals, resins, rubber or related materials, as well as experience with international sourcing and logistics.
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation and project management skills, with a customer-centric mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability.
- Ideally, some experience in leading and developing teams, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration.