Seeking motivated leaders to join the company's leadership development program. They will be trained to become certified as Six Sigma Black Belts. Six Sigma Black Belts are responsible for leading the implementation of continuous improvement projects using the D-M-A-I-C methodology of Six Sigma. Six Sigma Black Belts leverage Data Science and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning tools to further data driven decision making across the company and influence positive change. By defining a problem with an unknown solution, measuring the current process capability and collecting data, analyzing relevant data, optimizing the process, and controlling key process outputs, Six Sigma Black Belts help reduce variation, improve quality and reduce costs in line with corporate strategy.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilizing Six Sigma principles with Data Science and AI/ML tools, complete projects, analyses and reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Aid in identifying and selecting projects that fit the strategic business needs. Continually monitor project progress, evaluate project opportunities in each area of the process, and direct and organize effective and efficient use of personnel and resources to ensure project completion.
- Provide leadership and support to teams by providing them with the information, training and tools to succeed; promote and demonstrate effective and "boundaryless" communication to achieve "cross pollination" in all areas, at all levels.
- Lead and guide others in the practical use of the Six Sigma philosophy and tools.
- Concentrate on never-ending improvement.
- Promote the concept of ownership among the workforce.
- Promote, utilize, and institutionalize teamwork and team concepts in the implementation of project teams and, as possible, in the day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Travel up to 15% of the time.
- Mentor Bronze and Green belts.
- Conduct and oversee Six Sigma training, as needed.
- Positively resolve workgroup conflict.
- Bachelor's degree in math, science or engineering, 4 to 10 years related work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to draft reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Understanding of advanced Six Sigma and statistical process control concepts, including control charts, variation, cause and effect relationships, Pareto principle (vital few/useful many) and process capability.
- Become certified as a Black Belt.
To be successful in this role, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinate projects; communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfil the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.